6 August 2010

Burqa Banning

I like David Mitchell's column in The Observer. Not only is he funny and intelligent, but he appears to be successfully carrying off the kind of mid 80's haircut that made my first year at sixth form a nightmare. Talking to girls just didn't happen. I played a LOT of football.

Combine it with a pair of large glasses and you really can see how much fun I was having.

I've never been one to wrap myself in the flag, even during the World Cup. It's always been from my left of centre perspective, something I associate with the right wing. Fashion and faith are among a number of things that help identify your personality. Underneath everything we are still French, British, Iraqi, Catholic, Muslim. Anyway, it got me thinking, especially after France partially banned the burqa about how some people's perceptions might change if rather than just coming in plain black, burqa's came in the Union Jack.

No comments:

Post a Comment