17 May 2010

Day 1: The Clark Kent look

There’s something about life that involves looking but not actually seeing. Every day brings its own "constants" that you become attuned to, ignorant or just plain forgetful off. In the same way I noticed over the weekend how my face has altered and changed. Subtle lines are no longer, well subtle. I've got used to seeing it on a daily basis.
 
Glasses are my big thing; I just don’t like wearing them. Never have really. They tend to make me feel a bit geeky, not in itself a bad thing because at times I’m definitely a geek. Glasses wear me rather than the other way around. Anyways, for the next few days my glasses and I are as one, hence the introspection. The thing is..they make me feel thirteen again. 1981, Ashes to Ashes style. If I had to choose a year to go back too, well, it wouldn’t be that one. They also make me act differently. Without my contacts, I tend to be more introvert, nervous, shy. It’s like everyone is looking at me, my very own Truman show.

And yet, on the super plus side they seem to be the Superhero disguise of choice. Peter Parker = Spiderman. Superman = Clark Kent. Anyway, this is my Superhero moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment